Catwalk Events Privacy Notice
Why do we collect your personal information?
We identify and place individuals into new event opportunities. We have identified you as an individual that could be of interest to our clients.
We take your privacy very seriously and, in order for us to keep you informed about relevant opportunities, we request to hold your personal data. If you do not allow us to do this, we will be legally obliged to remove you from our database and can no longer put you forward for such opportunities.
What information do we collect?
Typically, we collect your current and previous details of your work, skills and experiences, education and qualifications.
We will then store pertinent details of our relationship which could include elements such as records of opportunities we have put you forward for, information you have provided to us such as a CV/resume and copies of correspondence and financial details.
We may store further information where we have placed you which could include start and end dates, pay history, and bank details.
It is unlikely we will require or process any data which would be categorised as Special under the relevant data protection legislation but should we need to do so we would contact you and get your explicit consent to do so.
What will we do with your personal information?
We will hold your personal data:
- To be able to place you to the most suitable position according to your background and experience.
- We may use your personal information to contact you to discuss the opportunity.
- We may use your data for the fulfilment and ongoing management of a contract you have undertaken with us.
- We may also use your data for the purpose of identification
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
Who will we share your personal information with?
We will only make your personal information visible to the organisations we are working with when you are put forward for an opportunity or where required for the fulfilment of a contract where we have placed you.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if we use 3rd parties for running our business processes. An example of this might be that we have our emails or our database hosted in the cloud. Whilst these cloud providers would not typically have direct access to your information, storage is considered processing under the relevant data protection legislation. Similarly, as an example, if we have employed you directly we would need to send your data as required by law to local tax authorities;
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
Using your information to keep in touch with you
In addition to our typical processing we may use the information we hold about you in order to contact you in the following circumstances:
- To advise you of changes to our terms
- To advise you of any security concerns
- Where permitted by law
How long do we hold it for?
Unless otherwise required by law, we will hold your data for no longer than 2 years before seeking confirmation that you are happy for us to continue to hold your data.
Secure collection and storing of your information
All information that you provide to us, or we collect about you is stored on our secure servers. We understand that this includes confidential information and we have put in place a range of suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure your information.
Our staff have the minimum required access to your data, and are trained to ensure that it is protected, and kept secure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We do not store your information for longer than is necessary to provide the service, and to ensure that we have appropriate auditable records for business purposes.
Automated Decision Making
You will not be subject to decisions based on automated decision-making. Your rights You have the right to request from us access to your own personal information. This is sometimes known as a ‘subject access request’.
Additionally, you have the right to request from us:
- that any inaccurate information we hold about you is corrected
- that information about you is deleted in certain situations
- that we stop using your personal information for certain purposes
- that your member profile is provided to you in a portable format
- that decisions about you are not made by wholly automated means
Many of the rights listed above are limited to certain defined circumstances and we may not always be able to comply with your request. We will tell you if this is the case.
You also have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for direct marketing. We will inform you if we intend to use your information for this purpose or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for this purpose. You can exercise your right to prevent us using your information in this way by contacting us at Kate@catwalk-events.com
If you choose to make a request to us to exercise any of these rights, we will aim to respond to you as soon as we reasonably can but no later than one month. We will not charge a fee for dealing with any reasonable request.
If you are unhappy with how we are using your personal information or if you wish to complain about how we have handled a request, then please contact Kate Woolhouse and we will try to resolve your concerns. You also have the right to complain to your local Data Protection Authority and a full list can be found here http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080
Changes to this privacy notice
Any changes we may make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on this page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy notice. Law and Jurisdiction This privacy information notice is subject to the laws of England, and the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. If you are domiciled in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland it can be enforced in your local court system.
Get in touch
Kate Woolhouse / Kate@catwalk-events.com / 07808232709